Thursday, September 29, 2011

Rachel's Challenge.

Rachel Joy Scott.

First student killed.

Columbine High.

1999.

Worst school shooting in the HISTORY of the United States.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Today Rachel's brother, Craig Scott, gave us a presentation about Rachel's message.

"I have this theory that if one person can go out of their way to show compassion then it will start a chain reaction of the same."

Compassion. If one person, says one little nice, kind thing about another, it'll start a reaction. You will make that person feel good.

I can't tell you how many people I connected with today.

I was moved. I was in awe. I bawled. I cried my eyes out. My eyeliner was all over my face.

Craig brought us a story of a girl who was killed. Who was killed before she had a chance to do the things we all will do. He brought us the story of himself.

Craig was in the library where the worst was happening. He saw his best friends die. He saw his friend Isaiah, who was black, being abused about it by the shooters, seconds before they shot him. Killed him.

Craig told us, to always be kind. To show a little compassion. To never underestimate what you have. Treat people well.

I cried today. I bawled, as I said. Because, that story, hearing it from someone who is such a good speaker, from someone who was there, experienced it. Just hearing his words.

Today, was the most inspiring, happiest, life-changing day, of my existence.

I encourage ALL of you, to go to http://www.rachelschallenge.org/ and challenge yourself. Ask you teachers to book an event. Ask them. You never know until you try.

I promise you, it will be the best experience you will ever have.

RIP:

Rachel Joy Scott.


Isaiah Eamon Shoels


Matthew Joesph Kechter


John Robert Tomlin


Kyle Robert Velaquez


Lauren Dawn Townsend


Daniel Lee Rohrbough


Daniel Conner Mauser


Kelly Ann Fleming


Corey Tyler DePooter


Steven Robert Curnow


Cassie Rene Bernall


Coach William "Dave" Sanders


You are all remembered. You are all missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment